Another week, another conversation on the Ian Higgins radio show. This week, Dave and Ian discuss:
- Peter Senior’s win at the Masters, and more importantly, Adam Scott’s long, supple arms
- How depressing it is that Tiger Woods isn’t good at golf anymore?
- Sam Groth won the ‘Newcombe Medal’ – what even is this, and what does this mean for the future of Australian tennis (i.e. Tomic/Kyrgios)?
- How did Thanasi Kokkinakis get roped into the whole ‘Bad Boys of tennis’ discussion?
- Sam Groth: rig and a serve
- AFL Draft Day: how does this compare with the NBA/NFL Drafts? Or is it just a “story about AFL in the summer time?”
- Michael Clarke’s terrible, terrible book.
Click the media player below to listen to this week’s ridiculous take on sport.
On the segment this week, the lads talked:
- Mitchell Johnson’s (seemingly abrupt) retirement
- Millions of runs flowed on the WACA, but somehow this seemed boring and meaningless?
- The need for test cricket to be reinvigorated – will the Day/Night fixture provide this?
- A decade on from the famous 2005 Socceroos v Uruguay World Cup qualification – but where is Australian soccer now?
- A quick discussion on the theme songs of various World Cups (i.e. Go West, USA 1995; Cup of Life, France 1998, etc)
- The UFC and Ronda Rousey – is this even sport?
All this and more from two amateurs who should know better than this. Click the media player below and listen in.
This week on the IH Show, Higgins and Edwards discuss all things cricket, including:
- The early report card on new Test captain Steve Smith
- The decline of sporting dynasties – and how this generation thrives on change, whether it be iPhones, careers, or relationships
- How new sporting coaches are similar to CEOs, setting overly ambitious five-year turnaround strategies in order to secure their tenure for a lengthy period of time
- The possibility of chance – and how this relates to circuiting
- The Boxing Day test match preparations
- Who the fuck is Joe Burns?
- Why Shane Watson just does enough, but wouldn’t grab you a takeaway latte from the cafe
And much more, including an absurd promo at the end for Sydney radio station Triple H, 100.1 FM. Click the audio file below and listen in if you want to.